Sagging skin on the face and the body is often a side effect of weight loss or aging. When skin loses the ability to stretch and snap easily back into place, it starts to sag. Anybody can be affected by loose, saggy skin, and it is challenging to treat at home. Fortunately, there are a number of skin tightening facials and treatments available. If you are wondering how to get rid of your loose skin and how to tighten your skin in a noninvasive yet effective way, NovaThreads is a nonsurgical option that provides immediate and enduring results up to 15 to months.
What to Expect During the NovaThreads Procedure
NovaThreads is a minimally invasive procedure to treat loose and sagging skin. A NovaThreads treatment uses absorbable surgical sutures to create a frame to support sagging tissues. The threads are placed underneath the skin to lift the extra skin. The skin then heals itself around the sutures by creating new collagen. The treatment works especially well in the neck and jawline, which are more challenging areas to treat effectively with fillers and Botox. The NovaThreads procedure is a quick and easy way to get immediate results with long-term benefits such as skin rejuvenation and a lifted facial appearance. NovaThreads are approved by the FDA as a safe method to lift, tighten, and smooth skin and are a great option for those looking for a nonsurgical solution to treating excess and saggy skin.
The following is a breakdown of the NovaThreads procedure:
1. Polydioxanone (PDO) absorbable threads are preloaded into a needle.
2. The needle is then carefully inserted into the skin.
3. The thread is left beneath the skin when your doctor removes the needle. This kickstarts the skin’s natural healing process. Although the threads can be used to stimulate collagen in areas where volume is desired, the NovaThreads procedure is primarily a skin tightening treatment and is particularly effective in the neck and jaw area.
4. Depending on the extent of the treatment, between 4 and 12 NovaThreads will be used.
5. Over the next several months, the skin absorbs the threads, and no scar tissue will be left behind. The most common side effects are tenderness, bruising, and minor swelling.
The benefits to the NovaThreads procedure are numerous and include:
· No incisions
· Utilizes the body’s own healing responses, a “controlled healing” under the skin
· Provides facial lifting, smoothing, and volume
· Reduces the appearance of saggy or excess skin
· Generally takes about 30 minutes to perform and can be performed in the office
· No downtime after the procedure
· Immediate and long-lasting effects
NovaThreads are a great option for those looking for a nonsurgical facelift or neck lift. It works by using the body’s own natural healing process and collagen production, thereby giving long-lasting and natural-looking results. NovaThreads can be used on most areas of the face and body but is especially effective at treating the lower third of the face and neckline. The best candidates for NovaThreads are those who have mild to moderate sagging skin, ptosis, or wrinkles on the face and neck. If you suffer from loose and saggy skin and are looking for a noninvasive procedure with enduring effects, talk to your doctor about NovaThreads.