A double chin is often associated with weight gain, but the truth is that you don’t have to be overweight to suffer from a double chin. A few different factors can be responsible for a double chin, and it’s not always a sign of weight gain or obesity. As we age, skin loses its elasticity, which can lead to saggy skin. Genes also play a role. Anyone with a family history of loose skin or double chins is more likely to develop a double chin themselves. Poor posture can weaken the muscles of the neck and chin over time. When the muscles aren’t used, the surrounding skin can lose its elasticity and contribute to chin fat. All of these factors can contribute to unwanted under-chin and neck fat.
So then, if your double chin is out of your control, many people wonder how to get rid of unwanted fat under the chin. One option is Profound RF SubQ, a noninvasive option for removing mild to moderate unwanted fat under the chin and jaw. This option uses radiofrequency energy to permanently melt the fat away, usually in one treatment. Many people opt for facial liposuction for double chin removal. This procedure involves removing excess fat to improve the definition in your face. Even if you are in the best of shape, fat deposits where it will, and this procedure is a minimally-invasive way to drastically improve your facial contouring and enhance your self-image.
What to Expect from Facial Liposuction Under the Chin
When it comes to aging, your neck is one of the first places to show age. For many people, fat is more likely to collect under the chin, and when combined with loose skin, this can result in the appearance of a fat neck or double chin. Not only can this affect your overall facial profile, but it can also do a number on your self-esteem.
One method of double chin removal is facial liposuction, a minimally invasive procedure that can specially target fat under your chin. Here’s what you can expect from the procedure:
1. Your plastic surgeon will examine your chin and neck, marking where they will insert their cannula. A cannula is a small tube. After your skin is thoroughly cleansed, your doctor will numb your skin and inject a local anesthetic to prevent any discomfort during the procedure.
2. Small incisions will be made into the chin in strategic areas. Your plastic surgeon will insert the cannula into the chin in these areas.
3. Using gentle suction, small amounts of fat are removed at each location through the cannula. Your incisions may be left open or closed with a stitch.
4. The result is a smoother, more contoured profile with reduced fat in the neck and chin areas.
5. After the procedure, your doctor will apply bandaging, which usually includes a special strap for the chin to support the skin while it heals. Patients can usually return to work in a few days.
Chin fat removal can feel onerous, especially if your exercise and diet has been on point. If you suffer from unwanted fat on your neck and chin, you should consider liposuction for the face and neck. Note that liposuction is not a substitute for weight loss. If your goal is chin reduction, your doctor can target strategic areas of fat for removal to give you a smooth and contoured profile. Liposuction is a great and effective way to remove stubborn and unwanted body fat and to boost your self-confidence.